Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MIA

Last post was almost two weeks ago...what in the world have I been doing? Well, not much to deal with jewelry, actually. I did go to Earth Fare's Founding Father's Bash. They gave away hot dogs and hamburgers to policemen, firemen, emergency men (and the womens), etc. For regulars they charged $1. Nice day! Cake walks, watermelon eating contests, local mountain music. What fun! I sold one pair of earrings, but I didn't stay for long because it was so hot.

What ELSE have I been doing? Working on two different stories, working a real job, playing with horses...but now it's business time! Check out what my mom collected for me from her work!
 These are the biggest pull tabs I've ever seen. I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet, but they look a little 'fringy' (<--hint) to me.
 Lots to choose from. I will finally be able to finish my pop tab purse! It's coming along nicely. It probably won't be the next item up, but it will be coming soon! My sister and her boyfriend also brought me the quartz stone to make pendants from. I think I'll ask my dad to tumble them for me....   :)


In other concerning news, I am in the process of using up my inventory of jewelry making bits with the hopes that I can move toward more sustainable, eco-friendly items later. Waste not! However, looking at all these pop tabs makes me think about all the pop tabs ever. These are just a handful from a few weeks coming out of a single work place. Not the ideal, but better beauty than trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment